Sunday, December 16, 2007

No.33: Diary of a Non-Entity ,l (Extract from unfinished novel) 2006

This is my diary, I once read a book called 'Diary of a Nobody' , I thought at the time well if he's a nobody what the hell am I? I actually felt envious of the main character. I now think it's time to write my non-story ; Welcome to A Diary of a Nonentity .

10th April 2006

Hello , I thought I would give this a go, had a few glasses of wine , by myself and it seemed straight forward.
Well I'm Simon Penton, and what you are about to read is true .
I'm a thirty six year old English man . I live by myself , I'm shy ,not really that bad looking but I have never had a girl friend , neither have I ever kissed a girl. I feel so much better for writing this as sometimes when face to face with people I tend to lie about such things. I have never had much confidence ,although I was quite good at school, I never finished anything. I am jobless and on state benefits , have not worked for over fifteen years and yet I was never lazy , just not really able to impress.I know no trade, I have very few friends, My parents have moved to Spain and my sister jane has four kids and little time for me.I may be a little tipsy now and find things to say which when sober, I may regret , yet it's too late. I think I have to put these thoughts down. I will continue this diary whenever I feel the urge..until there's no more point in it. Welcome to the diary of a nonentity.

Welcome

No comments: